Acceptance, Does it really matter???

We all strive to be accepted for something. It's like that shit was drilled in us as children, you know, make sure you smile, stand up straight, don't speak to loud or don't sound uneducated. etc etc.
but.. Is this really what life is all about??? Acceptance? I mean what happened to accepting one another for themselves, for being a good hearted person, a person that can make you laugh when you need it or an ear or shoulder .Humans treating each other like equals no matter the social, financial status.
It's crazy how I grew up around so much racism, sexism, hate, and that was way before it was so blatantly bad as it is now! Imagine. Living in a world where you feel like you need to fit in or else feel left out.
I really don't care for that. I am happy with how my life has turned out. and I can't wait for the many more adventures this world has to offer. Have I made mistakes in my past? hell yea, Have I done things that I regret? Absofuckinlutely! But with all mistakes comes  experiences and lessons and i don't think that saying you don't have regrets is realistic. we all do...

I came out late in life, married an amazing woman, have 2 amazing kids and the best support system AKA tribe I could ever ask for but.. that didn't come without a price. you see, after I came out I feel like I lost a lot of people including family. and it hurt like hell but.. it also made me see that people who really love you don't turn their backs on  you or act different because they don't have the same beliefs as you. love is love point blank period. and no one is greater than god,goddess,universe and until people knew who I "loved" I was great,fun,funny to have around. so make sure you keep your circle small because at the end of the day, those that truly matter will always be there.. There is no room in your life for fakeness. that's like a disease that keeps growing.

Non Acceptance creates depression, self hate.. Your inner circle is super important. Please make sure you Re-evaluate those people that make you feel less than. And if you ever need to speak to someone, please reach out to me. I am here.. We may not know each other, but we all share the same pain.


Comments

  1. 🌈 Forever I love you just as you are. No more no less.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bring Back The You That You Fell In Love With❤

Everlasting Friendships: How To Go With Your Gut

WE ARE ALL ONE RACE, THE HUMAN RACE